So far it has been mixed results. Washing the cheese in an acidic, barnyardy lambic resulted in a very pungent cheese (a plus), but one that almost ripened too quickly. We enjoyed one perfect cheese, but less than five days later the second one ripped out of its fragile skin and pooled all along the bottom of my cheese cave. Washing in meade was fine, but left a slightly "odd" aftertaste. To counteract the runnyness of the cheese, I added a culture called geotrichium candidium, which results in a tight, dense rind. This is a culture used in other washed rind cheeses, like Normandy's Pont l'Eveque. This addition helped with the texture, but I felt the cheese took on a sour flavor.
Today I'm trying a new variation - same cultures (no geotrichium), but using a milder lambic. This is a beer I brewed with 1/2 the normal amount of malt, but added three gallons of apple cider to two gallons of water, compared to the usual 5 gallons of pure water. It also used a lambic yeast blend, rather than the intense lambic strain I used initially for my pure lambic.
So far they seem to be progressing well. Soft and smushy, but not threatening to burst at the seams. Well see how they hold up to a taste test in another week or two!